PHoPS Point System
Here’s what our by-laws say about points:
Article XI. POINT SYSTEM
A. Points are earned by PHoPS members based on the system outlined in this article, and shall be effective from January 1 to December 31 (inclusive) of each calendar year.
B. Point values are determined by the Board of Directors.
C. Points may be used for various awards to members, if appropriate, to be determined by the Board of Directors.
D. In the event that Jimmy Buffett performs in the northwest, the PHiP ticketing rules along with the PHoPS point system will be used to allocate club tickets available for club members to purchase.
1. Based on ticket availability, one (1) club ticket will be available per qualified member in good standing, starting with the highest point earners. All qualified members in good standing will be given a deadline for purchase of these tickets. If that deadline passes, the opportunity to purchase will go to the member with the next highest total. Ties may be broken by lottery.
E. Information about the club points system, if and when it is in use, will be posted on the club web site.
Current Points Available:
1. Officers/Committee Chairs; 10 pts (including website editor).
2. Organize Charity Event, 5 pts.
3. Serve on any Committee, 5 pts.
4. Participate in charity function, business meetings, 4 pts.
5. Contribute during Happy Hours, (participation in an event, donations to raffles, freely given entertainment, etc.) 3 pts.
6. Special Projects (e.g. write website article, design logo, buttons, etc.), 2 pts.
7. Additional single points may be issued for other activities determined by the Board of Directors.
Currently, the club Membership Director keeps track of point totals. Members should keep track of their own individual point totals and regularly report them to the club Membership Director. We hope to have an online point tracking system at some point in the future.
If you have questions, please contact any member of the PHoPS Board of Directors via the Contact Us page.